DAY 11 - MAKE AND MEND
DAY 11 - MAKE AND MEND
ONE DAY SPECIAL $175 (valued at $186) includes FREE SHIPPING
Today is for the makers and menders. We're so happy to offer this lovely set featuring -
- *NEW INCENSE MAKING KIT by POJ STUDIO ($75)
- *NEW BATCH RELEASE KINTSUGI FOR CLOTHING MENDING KIT by us High Tea with Mrs Woo ($85)
- 2 x cards of vintage silk gold thread ($6)
ABOUT POJ STUDIO INCENSE MAKING KIT
Experience not just the scent but the act of incense making. This Incense Making Kit includes everything to make up to 20 cone-shaped Yuzu citrus incense in less than 30min (excluding the drying time for the incense themselves).
This incense making kit includes -
- Incense Powder
- Cone-shaped mold
- Mortar & Pestle
- Aroma oil
- Non-flammable mat
This work is brought to you by POJ STUDIO in collaboration with Kunjudo, a family business that has been producing high quality incense for over 120 years. Based on Awaji Island, a region said to be the original birthplace of incense in Japan, Kunjudo produces incense that explores the sphere of fragrance in both traditional and fresh ways.
WATCH POJ STUDIO MASTERCLASS FOR INCENSE MAKING
ABOUT MRS WOO'S KINTSUGI FOR CLOTHING MENDING KIT
Borrowing from the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with gold alloy, we’ve developed a kintsugi for clothing practice as a way to cherish and extend the life of our favourite garments by visible mending with gold thread - and a basic but comprehensive kit to inspire and provide the tools for you to kintsugi with.
This full kintsugi mending kit includes -
- Booklet guide to Kintsugi for Clothing
- Purse - made from fabric cuttings from Mrs Woo's main clothing production line
- Darning mushroom with hollow handle for needle storage - made from recycled timber by UseThings
- 3 x cards of vintage silk embroidery gold threads (5-6m of thread per card)
- 2 x different sized sewing needles
- 1 x selection of gold-coloured fabric patches
- 1 x pair of snippers
NOTE: Due to various timber sources, there are colour variations and unique markings on each darning mushroom.
WATCH MRS WOO'S VIDEO TUTORIAL for Modified Eyelet Stitch as a kintsugi for clothing mending technique
VINTAGE SILK THREAD FOR KINSTUGI FOR CLOTHING MENDING
There is approximately 5-6m of vintage silk embroidery thread per card - enough thread to mend 2-4 small tears or moth holes. The vintage silk thread provided here is a fine silk floss thread colour Gold #4974 that's suitable for menders of all levels.