KINTSUGI MENDING - Full Kit
Borrowing from the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with gold alloy, we’ve developed a kintsugi for clothing practice as a way to cherish and extend the life of our favourite garments by visible mending with gold thread - and a basic but comprehensive kit to inspire and provide the tools for you to kintsugi with.
This full kintsugi mending kit includes -
- Booklet guide to Kintsugi for Clothing
- Purse - made from fabric cuttings from Mrs Woo's main clothing production line *LIMITED BY BATCH AVAILABILITY
- Darning mushroom with hollow handle for needle storage - made from recycled timber by UseThings
- 3 x cards of vintage silk embroidery gold threads (5-6m of thread per card)
- 2 x different sized sewing needles
- 1 x selection of gold-coloured fabric patches
- 1 x pair of snippers
NOTE: Due to various timber sources, there are colour variations and unique markings on each darning mushroom.
WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL for Modified Eyelet Stitch as a kintsugi for clothing mending technique.